You have convinced the girl you like and you are headed out on your first date. But before you get all excited, hold on for a second. You don’t want to sabotage your relationship before it could even begin on a heart(y) note. As always, the first impression is always the most important one. On the first few minutes of the date, you want to impress her. A first date is all about making a super lasting impression; it’s like a major test that would rate your potential. You need to woo your date without looking desperate; it is almost like a walk on a tightrope. Make sure of what you say. Your behavior on the first date makes an affirmative impact on your date. Following the tips below may be helpful In your pursuit of securing the second date.
- Plan- No matter what the circumstance is, proper planning is essential. Try to pick up a good location which you guess will be comfortable for her and also really convenient for conversation.
- Be on time- “Punctuality is the key to success”. It applies to this situation as well. It wouldn’t work if she arrived at the specified location before you. Your tardiness would only portray how you aren’t serious about the entire ordeal. However, it is absolutely okay if she’s late.
- Be interested- I know you’re interested in her, but I’m not talking about THAT. Women love to talk about themselves. Take an interest in her job, ask her what she does when she is free. This means that if you are showing a genuine interest in what they’re saying, you will surely end up with a favorable result in your bag.
- Talk about yourself – Definitely, the communication should be a two- way communication. For that, be a good conversationalist so that the date turns out good. Open up your heart to her, talk about your hobbies, and what’s going on with your life.
- Dress up properly – All of us are aware that a girl takes more than an hour to dress up and look extremely good; don’t you think you should be doing the same? Dress to impress; get something clean and that which will make her feel respected. She’ll be really awed to see that you’ve made efforts for her. Seduce her with your manly fragrance (ahem).
- Compliment –Certainly, she wants to hear some saccharine notes regarding her beauty and dressing sense. Use your compliments appropriately. Avoid a long list of praises, it may give off the impression that you are a pervert more than anything else (ah).
- Have your conversation starters-Sometimes, it would turn out to be really awkward if both of you fell silent. Have some starters ready in your pockets, so that you can get her to talk with ease. Everything must be planned out and this includes what you would talk about when you’re having dinner.
- Pay – Obviously, she would offer, but insist on paying for the date. As a couple, you will figure out things later, but for the first date, you should be the only one who pays.
- Tell her you had a good time- Awkwardness is an uninvited guest and before it creeps in, tell her that you had a good time. She will really appreciate it.
- Be in touch-Only the date was brought to an end, not the relationship. Keep in touch with her. Tell her by the end of the date that you will call her.
I hope these pointers are good enough for maintaining a relaxed and an enjoyable conversation. These tips will help you to show the best version of you.
Article was written by Aaron Las, a contributing author for Lightning Speeddating blog
This blog was edited by Amalia Abbar from our Corporate Office.