Maybe you’re not planning to get married in the future, but who knows? Things people tend to say usually turns the other way around! Just a heads up, we’ve compiled a list of things both partners should have knowledge of before propelling a relationship to reach a sense of compromise between individuals.
- I’m independent and nothing can change that- Please respect and value my space and trust me to value yours. You have no rights to control anyone, certainly not me!
- I’ll be your greatest supporter and a true critic- Take on something new or even get a promotion and I’ll be the first one to pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate. But at the same time, I will also be the one to give you a real, honest feedback because you deserve it.
- I’m short-tempered. Deal with it- I am going to throw tantrums at the smallest of reasons and probably break a few items of china but bear with me.If you do love me truly, you’ll stay and support me throughout my highest highs and lowest lows.
- I’ll never ask you to choose me over your friends– Your friends are as important to you as mine are to me. So if a football match is on and your friends call you, I’ll never say no unless I really need you.
- The way to my heart is through my stomach– Treat me with great food and it doesn’t have to be ordered, even home-cooked is great. They say “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. That holds good for this woman too.
- One vacation a year however busy we are- Life’s tough and so are we. But this vacation is time for us irrespective of however old or busy we get.
- My family and your family= our familia- I will love and cherish your family as fiercely as I love mine (and expect you will do the same).
- I prefer nights in more than out– nights in allows us to get to know each other on a deeper level and to understand each other better.
- Cuddle- The emotional connection will always be as important as the physical connection.
- Trust me with your secrets and guard mine– I’m not always open to sharing but if I do, please guard my secrets and trust me with yours.
This article is written by Nikita Bala, a contributing author for Lightning Speed Dating blog. This article is edited by Sandra Leow.